Monday, August 14, 2017

Healthy Monday: Moringa Leaves

SUPER FOOD: I've been eating Moringa leaves since my birth/youth in Asia. Like many other things that were very beneficial to me, I took it for granted.

Looking back, I am grateful that my parents chose to raise us in a "backwards" far-away province.  A great number of the population in our little town did not have a television, telephone, car, refrigerator, running water, indoor toilet, and many other conveniences --- but we survived! And not only survived -- we thrived! We knew how to be sociable. We spent a lot of time running around outdoors. The air and the food were fresh (as in freshly-picked-from-the-plant/tree fresh). We were skinny, but many of us were as healthy as horses!

Nowadays, I use Moringa most often in my Vegetable-Seafood Soup (mixed with shrimps or other seafood, bitter melon, tomatoes, mushroom, okra).  However, it is in a frozen form, and not fresh. I'll take it!




http://healthforallwomen.com/moringa-superfood/


Moringa Superfood
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2015/08/24/moringa-tree-uses.aspx