Monday, September 12, 2011

Working ragged

Texts while son was working as full-time Head Cook at Summer Camp, WI





J: So...my belt just broke...wanna buy me a new one? my pants won't stay on


Me: Use a rope. Ask Denay for one.


J:Right, like that wouldn't look trashy.  I'm head cook, mum. I need to look respectable


Me: You are behind the counter...No one sees you...You are not allowed to date, anyway


J: Uh...I am quite regularly asked to speak to the guests, especially when obsessive parents and dangerous food allergies are involved


Me: All right, if a rope is not good enough for you, go ahead and buy a Walmart belt


J: Yay...Uh...mind if I hit up Target instead?


Me: Whose car are you driving?


J: Camille's; mind if I buy $7 flip flops? Thank ye


Me: What happened to the ones we just bought you?!


J: They...broke