Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Maye Musk, Elon's Mom

This is Maye Musk at 72 ( Elon Musk’s South African mother @mayemusk ).. I’m planning to read her book “A Woman makes a Plan” .. I watched some YouTube interviews and looked at her Instagram.. she quotes from one of her passages in the book about posture .. and how important it is to stand up straight with your shoulders back ( this weeks theme on my Instagram). 
pc: NYT

  It’s the beauty secret of being a super model at 72. And looking young and elegant at any age. She has immaculate posture. And was trained from childhood by a father who was a doctor who was very conscious of it .. he held awards for posture in his garden once a year and invited all his patients to the ceremony. I recently checked in with a brilliant physiotherapist to see how I was going.. Pilates and aqua aerobics help so much with posture because good posture comes from a strong core. I was advised to do neck exercises ( vital!) and stretch my shoulders back so they don’t curve forwards x and walk tall. Getting older is a full time job !! -- SC



pc: wikipedia

Serena C is someone I follow on IG.  She has a way of making a variety of topics interesting - thus, I like many (but not all) of her posts. As I get older, I notice posts on older women/seniors so as to have them as an example of health and attitude.  Good posture is something we can all achieve at any age.  Other than that, the Musk family members have their own character issues (the Dad of Elon & sibs, ewwww!).  The fruit does not fall far from the tree.

But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. (Psalm 3:3)







**

No comments:

Post a Comment