Sunday, February 23, 2020

The Thing About Hands

by S. Crawford: Hands have become very visible.
I noticed that when I started following street style with Tommy Ton. In every photograph every fashionista was on their iPhone with their hands dressed in rings and bracelets taking centre- stage of every photograph. It’s now the iconic image of our age. I was told by a plastic surgeon that if someone has ugly injuries to their hands it’s more devastating than facial injuries. It’s the body part we engage with the most.

Our hands never stop moving, most of us touch our faces up to 600 times a day. Give a woman a ring and it will give her a thrill hundreds of times a day. No better present in the world for the one you love if any of you men are wondering. These are @sienacrawford beautiful hands, which she inherited from her father, wearing a favourite emerald ring she designed. I love rings on old hands as much as on young ones. My age is clearly obvious on my sun beaten hands and rings say I'm proud of them. 



Our hands express every human emotion ... They are huge communicators of body language. Witness the endless articles on the dominant handshake of the president of a powerful country. 
The continent I come from most people eat with their hands .. I love watching they way different cultures eat, the dexterity required to use chop sticks. Forks were first used in Venice.. before that they also used to eat with their hands. 

Women will tell you that a man’s hands are critical part of their attractiveness. Our hands are such marvelous tools. I love the evidence of the human hand in everything. In love, sport, dance, garden, cook, paint , draw , sew , build , and write... it’s all about hands. They say that the written word is much stronger and more powerful than anything typed. Write it down, make it happen is one of my belief systems. When doing spiritual work they always make you write by hand. The heart-hand-soul connection. The hand is referred to more than any other body part in the Bible.. My favourite comforting expressions are “ You are in good hands... leave it in Gods hands. “ Hand on my heart. #rings #hands -- Serena Crawford, Instagram








** 

No comments:

Post a Comment