Saturday, March 2, 2019

Read This Before You Buy a Beach House

Been binge watching shows on HULU including "Beach Hunters" and "Island Hunters". I was green with envy.  Wouldn't we all like to live in a  house by the ocean?  Oh, if I only had a couple of million dollar$$ to spare!  

Quickly got sober by the lady's Instagram post from real life (though I don't agree that  kids cause a quandary). Learn from her mistakes.  The downside of living by the edge of that beautiful body of water!!

Serena Crawford:  "This was once our bedroom at my beach house. So today’s post is about maintenance. It never occurred to me when we built this (or to the Architect ) that we would have to clean these windows every couple of days. Forever ... That set over a plunging cliff with swirling salty seas below and no safe platform to stand on that it would eventually take two brave window cleaners and a safety harness to sort this problem out every 24 hours. My entire life in this bedroom there were only a few hours every few days when they were spotless from salt fog and they didn’t have someone cleaning them. Also, we needed to erect total scaffolding to change the light bulbs in this triple volume ceiling and paint the windows. My advice is before you design or do anything, think ...’how am I going to be able to clean and maintain this?’. This also applies to: white painted floors, reams of glass. Houses on different continents, preferably minimum 24 hours on a plane away from each other. Immaculate red nail polish, white trouser suits, blond hair if your hair is actually another colour, straight hair if your hair is actually curly. 4 dogs and two children. 
I’ve unknowingly committed all these crimes and gone to enormous trouble to bring them into my life. I had no idea how the hell any of it happened and what it would mean to my life until I was faced with the eternal quandary .... how to clean and maintain all the above. Learn from my mistakes! #keepitsimple #highmaintenace #quandry"














***

No comments:

Post a Comment