Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Rare Art: da Vinci's Salvator Mundi on Auction

Seeing the Mona Lisa  at the Louvre, Paris was a dream-come-true for me and hubby. She was happily checked-off from our bucket list. Mona, aka La Joconde, is currently valued at $800,000,000


How much will Salvator Mundi, recently attributed to Leonardo da Vinci, and supposedly a contemporary of Mona Lisa's, sell at auction this November 15th? Christie's Auction House, NY is hoping for at least $100 million.  Ideally, I want the Louvre Museum to obtain this rare painting and display it side-by-side with Mona Lisa. Like family.




I like the painting below of a hilly village scene. Simple. Vibrant.  Affordable (yet at this season of life, still too expensive for me). Reminds me of another item on my bucket list (Italy).  No doubts nor questions on the Artist (it's Agnes R, of course!). Owned by my Sis & her hubby -- one of very many beauties they've acquired from Agnes over the years. They've turned me and many others into fans/clients.




LINKS:

Incredibly RARE Painting by da Vinci

Salvator Mundi





****************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment