Thursday, October 8, 2020

I love you, but you hate my God?

This was an unforgettable convo that impressed me for its truths, honest answers, and a Dad's defense of his oldest son (Elija M).  











Elijah M: Having an awesome time of worship here at Deeper 20...!!

JJL: Ghandi said he came to love and respect Jesus Christ and would have became a Christian except for all the Christians

Tom M
Yes, but such a charge could be leveled against virtually any group based upon the select conduct of some of its adherents. For this reason, our focus must always remain on Jesus Christ and what he taught, because men and women of any and every creed will eventually disappoint us. Even the Apostle Peter denied Christ three times. Who of us is any better?

JJL
 I'm done with the church

Tom M: 
I understand, but I am certain that Elijah has never wronged you and so I find the comments out of place here.

JJL
: Perhaps you are right. My apologies.  Please convey that to him.  I am sorry

Tom M:  I will, but I am sure that he will see your followup comments here. I love you, call me if you want to talk

JJL
Thanks.  I actually didn't realize it was his post

Tom M:  I have been hurt by people in the church many times too and it's fair to say that I have hurt others along the way as well. I don't believe that someone being a Christian is the source of the problem, but rather the sinful nature that continues to operate in every single person (even if that person becomes a Christian). When I consider others at church who have hurt me, I don't view it any differently than if I was at the hospital getting care for my injuries and then someone else who was there for medical care unexpectedly vomited on me. You tend to run into sick people at the hospital. There are a lot of sin sick people at church.



By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.



**

No comments:

Post a Comment