Tuesday, October 13, 2020

GOYA Foods: How I Want Thee

I had previously paid it no heed to this brand, but voila -- I've learned to luv and seek GOYA Foods at the grocery stores simply because several big-mouth Liberals had suddenly taken to hating the brand and calling for a boycott. Why?  For the simple reason that CEO Robert Unanue praised President Trump-- imagine that!

At a July 2020 White House roundtable event with President Donald Trump, Goya Foods Co-Owner and CEO Robert Unanue praised Trump, saying that the country was "truly blessed [...] to have a leader like President Trump, who is a builder". He drew a comparison between Trump and his immigrant grandfather, the founder of the company, saying "that’s what my grandfather did. He came to this country to build, to grow and to prosper. And we have an incredible builder and we pray, we pray for our leadership, our president and for our country, that we continue to prosper and to grow". In response, there were calls from some members of the public and current and former Democratic elected officials calling for a boycott of the brand. Unanue called the boycott "suppression of speech" and declined to walk back his comments. In response, a man from Virginia raised over $77,000 to buy Goya products and donate them to food pantries; Goya itself said it gave 2 million pounds of food for those affected by COVID-19 (via wikipedia)





pc: facebook

I'm not old enough to be in a political party but I have been an American citizen since I was born. This is not about the president. This is about being an American. The CEO of Goya Foods called our president a leader and like him or not that is what a president is. But because some people hate him they told every one to boycott this company. It is an American company. It is the biggest minority owned company. They have lots of minorities that work there. Even in the Coronavirus they kept over 4000 people working. They donated over a million pounds of food to food pantries in American cities for Americans who can't buy food and lots of them are minorities. A boycott of Goya does not hurt the president it hurts an American company. It also could make Americans not have jobs. It also can make hungry people not have food. A true American does not do this to other Americans. It is wrong and mean and also people have a right to free speech even if you do not like it. So I used my money and my parents gave me money to buy lots of Goya stuff and donate it to food pantries. Because I am an American and I love Americans and guess what I don't care if this food feeds democrats or republicans. We are all American and that is what should matter. - J Fleming









**

No comments:

Post a Comment