Sunday, June 21, 2020

Dads & Their Influence in our Lives

pc: No Greater Joy Ministries

Happy Father's Day!!

My Dad was very far from perfect -- like me.  My husband (my children's Dad) is not perfect neither, but I do not know of any perfect men or women in this world.  

This is a nice, short article of memories of Dads from HOUZZ
 (by G Purdom)

Love Lasts: Dad’s Imprint on Our Homes


Robin Breuer lost her father to cancer at only 13, but a reminder of him sits nestled next to her bookcase. “My most cherished memory is of sitting on his lap in this leather chair, while he relaxed after work with a martini, roasted peanuts and classical music,” Breuer wrote when we asked last week where Houzz users see their dads’ influence in their homes.

Growing up, I always had a bit of hero worship for my dad. He seemed so intelligent, well-traveled and sophisticated, and this leather chair (from Norway, I believe) embodied all of those qualities,” she later told us via email. “I knew I had to have that chair in my home,” she said.


Eventually, Breuer was able to wedge the chair into the front seat of a friend’s car and transport it from New Jersey to her apartment in New York. “I was so worried when we moved it that a leg would break or the leather would tear, but it squeezed in the front seat perfectly,” she says.

“Now it sits prominently in my studio apartment, honoring his memory.”

Dad chairs,” like Breuer’s, shown here, hold a special place in many homes (we’ve even explored the psychological root of their cultural prominence in the past), but they’re hardly the only visible vehicle for fond memories ahead of Father’s Day.

Much like the heartfelt recollections of mom that users shared last month, the responses our dad question evoked reflected a wide spectrum of personalities, passions and unexpected lessons. Here are a few more stories that stood out.


Read the rest of HOUZZ's heart-warming Dad stories H E R E


Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise;  That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth. (Eph 6:2-3)






******

No comments:

Post a Comment