Sunday, December 22, 2019

Christmas 2019: Nuts for Nutcrackers

Went  a little crazy for cute Nutcrackers this year.  It began when my children bought me a MacKenzie-Childs embroidered Nutcracker Brigade lumbar pillow for my birthday in October (it has since been sold-out at their web site).  I then bought Nutcracker disposable paper place mats by Hester & Cook for a dinner here at home. We attended my friends' party for her granddaughter which had Nutcracker as its theme. Party favors were Nutcracker cookies made by the ever-talented Ashley.  I purchased Nutcrackers at 50% off at Hobby Lobby, yay! 
I saw Nutcrackers everywhere! The only thing missing is for me to watch the Nutcracker Ballet by Tchaikovsky live and in color. It's been years.

my friend's collection on display

Nutcracker dolls, also known as Christmas nutcrackers, are decorative nutcracker figurines most commonly made to resemble a toy soldier... While nearly all nutcrackers from before the first half of the 20th century are functional, a significant proportion of modern nutcrackers are primarily decorative, and not able to crack nuts. - wikipedia

Other than the MC pillow, my  personal favorite is the black Nutcracker.  He is dressed as a kingly Magi.  His outfit is beautifully & vibrantly colored. He was the only one of his kind at the Hobby Lobby store. 


pc: Hester & Cook



pc: Facebook



In him was life; and the life 
was the light of men.






***

No comments:

Post a Comment