Friday, July 19, 2019

Bucket List: MacKenzie-Childs Barn Sale 2019 Day #1

I want!
Left our Niagara Falls hotel -- the final leg of our wonderful Ontario get-together with Family -- by 10:00 am or so and raced towards Aurora, New York for MC's first day of their annual Barn Sale.  It would be our very first time to attend. Fulfilling my bucket list!

Arrived at 3 pm. Lots of cars in the make-shift parking lot on the grounds of MC and hubby randomly picked a spot to park.  We were novices through and through:  where do we go, what should we expect, were we dressed properly for the day? 



Bottom line: Long lines, warm day, but we got through the crowded Day #1 event unscathed, yay.  Available space for our haul in our car and the steep cost (even at 50% off) was foremost on my  mind.  So, I only bought the top 2 items on my shopping list, plus one more.  No time to search through the Rugs and I did not even step into the enamelware-sale building. But, who cares? It was great to be there at last!!!



There were only a few large blowing fans during this humid day, but getting away from the tented areas was the key.  The event was memorable not only for what I purchased, but for a couple of unexpected meetings.




I spoke to Rebecca Proctor, MC's Creative Director --  twice!  I tapped her on the shoulder when I first caught sight of her distinctive style from behind (loud courtly check pants, red hair, wedge haircut) and mentioned that I had taken note of her IG  posts about her Pianist son.  Gestured towards my own son and mentioned his Clarinetist endeavors.  She proudly mentioned her son's Summer session at a prestigious Music event.  On our way to check -out she smiled  and spoke to us again.  I was slightly shocked that she had deliberately sought us out in the line and stuttered my responses, LoL.  I totally forgot to take a pictures with her, yipes.

Also met a nicely-dressed family of MC fans from NJ and their laid-back, pampered Persian cat named Gucci which they pushed around in a baby buggy. I also liked her nails, and her hubby noticed my nails, my chevron dress -- and complimented me. The man would do well as a Politician -- friendly, smiley, accommodating -- has good people skills overall. 






Charge them that are rich in this world, 
that they be not highminded, 
nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, 
who giveth us richly all things to enjoy...
(1 Timothy 6:17)







16.06.2020
**

No comments:

Post a Comment