Thursday, August 2, 2018

Dental Health: Artisanal Toothpaste

I spend 2-3x a day brushing my teeth. Why not get the best product I can afford since, supposedly, the number one source of disease is the mouth?

So, high-quality,good-for-me toothpaste here I come.


My first purchase.  I chose Schmidt's   tooth+mouth paste for the variety of flavours plus it was affordable (need to wean myself of on-sale toothpaste from Walgreens).  Set of 5 for $25.99 + s/h.  Otherwise, $5.99 each.  My next order with Schmidt's earned me a free shipping code.


Per Schmidt's website:

INGREDIENTS FIRST

We prioritize ingredients that are derived from nature. When developing our formulas, we look to innovative botanicals and mineral-derived ingredients that are packed with healthy benefits for our bodies. Everything we produce is manufactured without harming any animals, and we never purchase ingredients from suppliers that test their products on animals — Schmidt’s is committed to staying certified vegan and cruelty-free. Schmidt’s Naturals products are always free of aluminum, propylene glycol, SLS, PEG, parabens, phthalates, artificial fragrance, artificial flavor, artificial colorants, and artificial sweeteners.


looks good!
First up: Wintermint with Activated Charcoal.  Paste not as black as son wanted it to be. Kind of reminds me of bird doodoo, lol.  Refreshing mint taste comes thru.


Schmidt's description:
  • Activated Charcoal, flavored with Wondermint: Enticingly cool, fresh mint, without the bitter aftertaste. A fresh and wondrous take on classic minty flavors.
  • Appealing onyx grey toothpaste color from the addition of charcoal. Not a dark black paste.
  • Helps freshen breath and whiten teeth with regular brushing.
  • With CoQ10, goji and pomegranate extracts, organic aloe leaf juice, magnolia bark extract, and vitamin E.
  • Encourages mouth health, helping combat plaque and tartar with regular brushing.
  • Free of SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate), SCS (Sodium Coco-Sulfate), PEG (Polyethylene Glycol), artificial sweeteners and dyes.


After we go through these Schmidt's products, I'd like to buy this very expensive toothpaste ... to match one of my favourite fragrances, hahaha.
pc: Anthropologie
 Lebon toothpaste
Not only is it free of chemicals and toxic ingredients, but it’s also handmade in the same factory as Chanel No. 5. It's the creme de la creme of French toothpaste. And boy has it elevated my teeth game. Not only do my teeth feel clean, they feel French and fancy—très chic. (K Limoges, Domino Magazine)








Top 10 Reasons to Avoid SLS

Activated Charcoal Uses & Benefits

Schmidts: 5-pack

Boka: Science-backed Ingredients

Himalaya Toothpaste




9.10.19.18

No comments:

Post a Comment