Monday, January 29, 2018

Bathroom Renovation: Wall Tile

We are planning to gut our downstairs bathroom.
 My mind is inundated with WALLs recently (must be because of plans for a certain high wall South of the US border).

Here are a few pictures we took during a quick visit to 3 Home-improvement stores. We wanted to get a feel for the stores' layout; to know what's what, and where's where. Also, some pictures online.

 So many choices! Wall to wall, and floor to ceiling's worth of choices.  How do I know which items are of quality? Is a high price an indication of something well-made? What's my color scheme?  Do we order now or wait? And, boy, do I feel ignorant on certain subjects!

I felt a little overwhelmed afterwards. We haven't even chosen our Contractor, for pete's sake!   Not even fast-food dinner from McDonald's could rid me of my low-grade feelings of anxiety. 


I must begin with what is most certain: my choice of shower wall (give or take a few, slight variations). Other decor choices will need to fall into place centered on this particular choice.     pc: betahoome.blogspot

one store's drinking fountain spot

Carrara Marble

 I am drawn to shapes and patterns in black & white

  the store's bathroom wall

liking this pattern too, but maybe in a different color

whoa!












*****
10.07.03.18

No comments:

Post a Comment