Sunday, November 26, 2017

Bob Jones, Sr: Nothing But the Blood

 
Years ago I was standing by the death bed of an old minister down in Alabama.  The old man had been a preacher for fifty years.  I saw his son, who also was a minister, kneel by his father's bed.

"Father, you have preached for fifty years, and have done more good than any man I know."

The old man, with feeble but distinct voice, said:  "Don't tell me about that, son.  Tell me about the blood (death) of Jesus.  Nothing but the blood of Jesus will do for a dying man."

If a man who had preached for fifty years and who had lived a pure, straight life, in his dying hour had to rely upon the blood of Jesus Christ, don't you ever think there is any hope for you aside from this atoning blood?"

What can wash away my sin?
 Nothing but the blood of Jesus
What can make me whole again?
 Nothing but the blood of Jesus. 

~ Bob Jones, Sr


 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.  (1 John 1)





*********************

No comments:

Post a Comment