Saturday, August 5, 2017

Hollywood: Living in a Bubble, Part 1

There is no easy cure for the L.I.B. syndrome which ails certain Celebrities and Liberals.

Would it help if they knew the possible modern cause of L.I.B?  Maybe, but I think delusional living has been around since way before the 1970s ... since the beginning of time, actually. I myself can catch it easily, especially when I am in a proud, contemptuous mood.

 Pauline Kael Syndrome:
When President Nixon was reelected in a landslide in 1972, film critic Pauline Kael famously said in disbelief, "I live in a rather special world.  I only know one person who  voted for Nixon.  Where they are I don't know.  They're outside my ken.  But sometimes when I'm in a theater I can feel them."
pc: wikipedia
Her statement has come to symbolize the insulation of the liberal elite, living in a bubble and hearing only the opinions of fellow liberals.  It has become known as Pauline Kael Syndrome  and its most virulent strain has been discovered in the late 2016, complete with paranoid delusions of Russian hacking.

Liberals are so committed to their ideology that they confuse it with morality or religion.  It often takes the place of moral objectivity in their lives.  If you disagree with a liberal, it's not merely a disagreement; you are morally wrong and mean to do harm to the world.  Trump and his supporters represent not merely a different prescription for what ails the country, but a ghastly evil.  This childish view produces no coping skills, so liberals largely became unhinged in the wake of Trump's historic victory. 


(The Making of the President 2016 by Roger Stone).



link -- > Film Critic, Pauline Kael


link --> The Making of the President 2016: How Donald Trump Orchestrated a Revolution


7.4.17