Saturday, June 24, 2017

QVC: Fixing My 18kt Ring




Note the ring's thin shank above.  The Rose flower design made it top-heavy @ over 12 grams.  Thus, it would wiggle uncomfortably on my finger.  After 7 years, I barely used this pretty piece. What a waste.

No more! I paid a visit to two of my local Jewelers for estimates. I chose the family-owned business that I had used once before and costs lower. The goal was to increase the ring band's width to 4-5 mm for a greater grip on my right, index finger. The better fit meant I could use the ring more often. 





eBay Seller's picture


I felt slightly nervous as I had never had this done to any of my rings. 

I dropped the ring off on a Monday at 11 am. Prayed. Waited. 

Voila, here it is on Wednesday of the same week. Happy dance!




Kitty approved!