Saturday, February 25, 2017

Natalie Wood's Favorite Scent



pc: wikipedia


Lovely Natalia/Natasha Zakharenko, aka Natalie Wood the actress, drowned under mysterious circumstances in 1981.  That  was a sad November day for my sister and me as we were fans of the actress.  My younger sister even copied her hair-cut.  Our youngest daughter shares her birth day; and if I were to name the girl-crush of my teen years, it would have been the beautiful Ms Wood. 

Ms Wood's favorite perfume was Jungle Gardenia  by Tuvaché.  Her daughter,  Natasha Gregson-Wagner, had fond childhood memories of her mom wearing it often; and has recently honored her thru creating a new fragrance called Natalie.  Her mom's favorite scent, gardenia  was combined with hers, orange blossom Ms Gregson-Wagner has described it as  "a nice, happy smell."  I bought a sample before fully committing. I was running low on my Jo Malone collection; and I did not want to completely run-out of  Eau Des Merveilles by Hermes (I consider it a precious farewell gift from my now-living-in-Europe son). 















Not bad. It's a thumbs-up from me and hubby. It reminds us of the land of our birth. Gardenias were a common garden plant and a familiar aroma in our country.  I need to know other people's thought, though. I am especially interested in its staying-power. I will begin its official use tomorrow, and see how it goes during morning church services.









Shop  Natalie fragrance HERE