Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A special trip for Mrs E

I kid you not, this is what I got from Hubby on Valentines' Day:

my favorite candy/mint
Perhaps, my true-blue Ilocano (read: frugal) husband felt a twinge of guilt, though there was not a peep of complaint out of me (I happen to ♥ Mentos). He got crackin' to repair the "damage" ( IRL, he is a true-blue Carinioso --affectionate one -- when the mood hits);  and told me a couple of weeks later that he had a surprise, and sent this email:
Hello lucky Mrs.  E,
You have just won a two day, one night getaway package with a very handsome gentleman (me). The date is April 5, 2012,at the French Country Inn ....  Check-in is at 4:00 pm and check-out is 11:00 am. The room has a KING-SIZED BED … 
The room suddenly felt very warm. He had my full attention at this point.  Finally, a chance for the two of us to get away on a romantic weekend. Hoorah! I continued reading…
“…and a sleeper sofa. The 2 younger kids are free and our 16 year old costs only an additional $10.0 for breakfast...
Whoa...The kids are coming along?! WTH.  Say, it ain't so, Mr E.
Talk about a true-blue letdown, sigh...






********

No comments:

Post a Comment