Saturday, July 23, 2011

Summer Heat: Free Way to Cool Off

We barely got home from our walk with our pet, Mr Bubbles, when it began to rain. Yay, thank God for relief from the oppressive heat and humidity of the past week. As I got out of my wet clothes, the house became suddenly quiet. Where are my children? Why, outside, of course, enjoying the cooling rain. And ...horrors....actually holding hands in their fun and excitement ;-)

With or without umbrellas, I've never minded being in the rain, playing in the rain, or rain in general. The more intense the storm, the better. Times like these brings back happy memories of my childhood in the Tropics. No worries about looking like a fool, cleanliness, or infection (I thank the Lord for Tetanus shots, though); just acting like a child because you ARE a child, and enjoying the thrill of the moment. Cheap fun, courtesy of God and nature.












4.07.06.18

No comments:

Post a Comment