Thursday, May 20, 2010

Cemetery Marker for my Parents

I got a call from Sam, the Funeral Home Director, on Friday, May 7th. He said that the headstone for Mom and Dad has been put in place. Their policy was to wait for several days in a row to be at least 50 degrees Fahrenheit (the cement needs to set properly). On the same day, I received in the mail the price list for the grounds upkeep at the cemetery.  We have to pay for sod? and plants? and watering? and all upkeep??!!!

This is somewhat of a closure, but Mother's Day was this month, and Father's Day & Mom's birthday is next month.  All events are not and will not be as happy as they used to be.

ETA: We went to the cemetery today, and planted Pansies & one Salvia.  These plants were courtesy of the 6 potted plants I got from the children through church on Mother's Day.  I am not minding it in the least bit.  I am happy they're being put to good use.  May they thrive, by God's grace.  But, we definitely need sod.  Eventually, Mom & Dad's plot will be the prettiest in the whole place.  Especially after Joe gets his hands on it.

After

Before