Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Personal observations on Michelangelo, da Vinci, Flowers & Chanel

Pictures paint a  1000 words + a few more from me :


Dad's coffin that he personally chose: Decorated with Michelangelo's Pieta on the corners; sides decorated with panels of the Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci. Great choice, IMO.  My poor Mom on a wheelchair, transported by an ambulance crew plus a CNA & a Caregiver (4 adult people in total), for a private opportunity to say goodbye to Dad at the church.  Thank God for those who coordinated this not-as-easy-as-it-looks event.  My last glimpse of the coffin at the cemetery, its top covered with flowers placed by family and friends plus the white gloves of the pallbearers. Why do I feel sorry for the flowers?! The weather was cold with snow flurries.  The 12 "FREE" folding chairs that no one sat on except for my Chanel bag.  Each of the front row chairs had a bottle of drinking water, a rose, and a pack of tissue.  So grateful to my friend in the purple coat who hooked her arm with mine. My DH had his arm around my waist. I think of it as God's love and support on either side of me.








********