Thursday, October 1, 2009

This Old House & my Chanel GST

For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee. ~ Psalm 86:5
We all have colds this morning, except for one.  I am glad we were able to visit my parent's lovely home yesterday afternoon.  Got to their house around 3 pm (after morning Piano lessons for Jill and Farrah at CSA, and buying lunch). Let ourselves in 'coz no one was home. Mom is still at the re-hab center, but Dad was home soon after.  Jared put up the newly-drycleaned curtains.  The big screen TV was turned on so we could watch the Cubbies lose.  Plants were brought in.  The b-day presents for Jared and AJ were picked up.  Jared got a box of multi-flavored jelly beans.  AJ will open his present on his birthday.

I find myself feeling more appreciative. We've had this house for almost 36 years.  It was our first and only house since leaving the P.I. in '69. Even our house in the Philippines was rented, so I've been told.  This is home. I like coming here. I want to take pictures of every nook and cranny; and every piece of the decor. I want to remember my growing-up years.  Most of the bad memories are gone. And, for Pete's sake, look at all those glorious, green plants!

However, there's a gnawing question in the back of my mind that has popped up more and more often --- What's going to happen to this beautiful, old house in a few years? 

Chanel Grand Shopping Tote (GST); by the light of the front window


At the dining room with me reflected in the mirror

Jill playing peek-a-boo among Mom's plants

Farrah trying-out my Neiman Marcus umbrella

My old bedroom -- now being used for storing stuff (did they once own a pet bird?!)


I gave this piece of art to my parents; they liked it enough to hang on their wall!
Purchased from, of all  places, Marshalls