Sunday, June 19, 2022

Costco: Begonia Flower Plant Fail!

 

pc: Costco
I ordered these pre-planted Begonias from Costco's website in late April 2022. Beautiful! I also ordered Oriental Lillies. 

I had in mind the perfect spot for these Begonias by my front door. I was very hopeful after reading Costco's online description:

Put this planter outside after the last frost for summer color. The easiest way to create stunning natural displays in your outdoor spaces; no green thumb needed. These begonias produce overflowing double ruffled blooms in bright colors. Begonias are continuous bloomers meaning  you will enjoy their flowers until first frost. For the best results, remove spent blooms to promote new buds and fertilize monthly. Open the lid, add water and watch nature explode into a remarkable long lasting display of color.

Both plants arrived soon after placing my order.  I kept them indoors till the weather was warm enough, hoping to avoid frost. I set both plants outdoors on the same day.

Begonias ๐ŸŽ•

planted Begonia bulbs, watered, and set outside

May 30th:  No signs of๐Ÿฅ€ life ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ฆ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

But Costco's Oriental Lilies are blooming!!!






**

No comments:

Post a Comment