Sunday, August 9, 2020

Keeping Your Cool During the Heat of Summer With No Air Conditioner

Winter will be here soon!



I grew up in a tropical, Asian country.  I survived the oppressive heat by dressing appropriately and lots of activity/swimming by the Rivers and Streams nearby. Eating lots of fresh fruit quenched my thirst. Being young and in excellent health also played a big role. 


Currently melting away from the intense heat coz of no A/C. I'm seriously thinking about dumping buckets of ice in the tub and soaking in it.❄️ Is it hot where you're at today? My mood is SO cranky from the heat!⁠ I got curious and did some research. Here's a few fun facts about heat affecting your mood:⁠

🔥 Heat triggers feelings of agitation ⁠
🔥 High humidity can lower concentration⁠
🔥 All of this leads to poor sleep and decreased energy which then makes you more cranky and depressed. ⁠


So what can you do to beat the heat besides cranking up the A/C? Take a cue from the ancient Greeks and Japanese Shinto monks by taking a COLD shower. There are so many great benefits like⁠

❄️ increased alertness⁠
❄️refined skin and hair⁠
❄️ease stress and anxiety⁠
❄️ improves circulation ⁠
❄️ adds happy endorphins! ⁠


So don't mind me while I head to the shower and soak in cool hydrotherapy to get my mood back on track! Stay cool my friends🌬️⁠ 
-- by A.Yokota

tooooo warm!





**

No comments:

Post a Comment