Thursday, July 11, 2019

Honor Flight for Sergeant Bennett

Hi R: my dad is going on an honor flight early in July. They do mail call for the Vets and would like each Vet to have around 30 pieces of mail for it. Would you be able to jot him a note? I can send you a pdf with the address and deadline. My dad got the info on this late because he couldn't make the other dates.



Of course I said YES! I've known Mr Bennett since my first year of high school. He'd pick up his daughter - my classmate - in front of the school and say "Hi!" or smile whenever I walked by his car. What a breath of friendly, fresh air in a socially-awkward season of my life. Only now do I realize the chunk of time he was away from Family and the sacrifice it took for him to serve our country.

pc: NBC News


C. E. Bennett was in the Army from 1947-1967. Jobs: 1 1/2 years- GHQ Guard company, Japan, 2 years, Rifleman in Mortar Section in Alaska, 2 years in the 50s- 2nd Armored Division in Mannheim,Germany, 2 years in the 60s 3rd/4th Armored Division Crailsheim, Germany as a Supply Sergeant, 1 year as a Supply Sergeant in Vietnam. A member of the 1st Infantry Division (Big Red One). Retired after 20 years, Rank E6 Staff Sergeant And he turned 89 on July 6, 2019.



 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; 
custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.
Romans 13:7



**

No comments:

Post a Comment