Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Why I Love Roses


In my youth in the old country, we had two Rose bushes. They suffered from our benign neglect; yet grew to 3 feet tall, flowered faithfully, albeit sparsely. 

 My cousin lived with us, and happen to be a not-too-shabby artist.  One day, he drew a picture of red roses for me.  Beautiful!  I took the drawing to school to show it off.  My boy-crush noticed it (and me, hehehe)  and deliberately sat close by in order to copy the drawing. I was thrilled at his attention and my girl classmates' envious glances affirmed my feelings that there was obviously something between us, he truly liked me, and we had a future together. Happy sigh ...

Nothing came of it, obviously, yet it was a red-letter day. I still smile at the memory. From that moment on,  I became convinced that Roses are da bomb.  They are the prettiest and most romantic things on God's green earth!   







Link:

Rose COLORS






***************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment