Saturday, January 20, 2018

Personal Success in Year 2018

As I get older, I realize that much more how fleeting the time and how wasteful the hostilities & bad habits.

 Goals remain that are yet to be reached. One of them is renovating our downstairs bathroom. We've talked about it for years! Our budget remains limited; but it's time to get a hold of this problem and just.do.it. 

Here are some ideas from FORBES  on how to reach goals successfully in Year 2018 and beyond.

by Jennifer Cohen
Continual activity directed towards a goal creates a sense of momentum or as I like to say progress. In other words your habits determine your progress and overall your successes and failures. We all have good and bad habits that are derived from the relatively small decisions we make every day. In turn, our habits are directly correlated and caused by our minuscule day to day choices.
Success is actually a short race - a sprint fueled by discipline just long enough for habit to kick in and take over.” - Gary Keller, The One Thing
Instead of hearing about habits from me I figured I would pick the brains of those far smarter than I. Amazing people like, Elon Musk, Gary Keller, Napoleon Hill, Stephen R. Covey and more!
Habit 1, From The One Thing
Cut The Crap. What Do You Really Need To Get Done?
In a world of constant stimulation everything can feel like it is an immediate priority. A common mistake many make is falling victim to too much opportunity and for lack of a better word, distraction. Trying to do too much at any given time forces you to not give projects the time and dedication they need to be done exceptionally well. As Gary Keller states in The One Thing “Success is about doing the right thing, not about doing everything right.” Although many things will pull at you throughout your day you must narrow your focus to the one thing you need to do to make progress in your goals. I talked about progress and the massive life changing power behind it in my last article!  
How to do it:
Gary Keller’s advice for fighting distraction is to start blocking your schedule. For example allocate 3 hours every morning from 9am to 12 in order to do your one thing. Don’t allow emails, kids, eating, or anything else to distract you from getting this important work done. Those can come before or after but NOT during. “Where I’d had huge success, I had narrowed my concentration to one thing, and where my success varied, my focus had too.” - Gary Keller


Read the rest of the article HERE



The 13 Habits You Need to Know










*****************

No comments:

Post a Comment