Sunday, April 2, 2017

Post Wedding Party and Fortuitous Meetings

We could not attend J & S's destination wedding in Mexico last January.  Thankful that their parents gave a small party for the many others who also could not attend. Food was plentiful, home-cooked, and terrific.  Life's simple pleasures are the best!

tossed salad

newlyweds

pancit, eggrolls, meatballs





cake-pop cake
Anne came up to me at the party and asked how I know the groom's family. She was an MK in India during her youth. Her daughter and SIL are currently Christian missionaries in the PI. She has ties to Wheaton College via her childhood home's close proximity (1 block) to the college. So, of course, I got the address of the house, and had to take a picture.  I will soon send it to her via our mutual friend.  


Then, we were introduced to Nate.  He is the source of the pot rack pictured below which was in the kitchen.  I'd been looking for a pot rack, and this style would be PERFECT for us.  Hoping he is a man of his word as he'll try to get one for me at a very reasonable price. Can hardly wait.

Nate and my hubby






41.07.20.18