Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Coyote versus my Pup



Janey
Our Shih Tzu, while out doing her business after dark, had a coyote suddenly come  from behind the deck and lunge at her (what is it with the cover of darkness and a vulnerable position?!!)  Janey had been with me in the living room a few minutes before -- carefree, wiggly, wagging her tail, teasing the cat, perfectly happy -- and now she's got a bleeding, semi-deep tooth gouge on her side from a possibly rabid wild animal.  Shiver-me-timbers. I feel frightened and personally violated. How will Janey fare overnight? Will the bleeding stop? Will we need to get her stitched? God have pity on us thru our pet dog!

Three things come to mind: (a) Janey's unkempt hair had a role. The longer length may have shielded her skin and/or prevented the coyote from getting a grip. It was hubby's idea to wait a little longer before her next grooming appointment.  Thank God I listened  (b) The coyote ran off when he caught sight of my son.  Pity the person or  creature without a friend or a companion  (c) The Devil, referred to as a roaring strong Lion constantly on the prowl in the Bible, can do far more damage than a coyote. He is out to DEVOUR! Christians who are careless and ignorant of his devices are at his mercy.  Am I courting this type of danger through my anemic prayer life?


This injury was just from one coyote tooth!