Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Cat poop Coffee is expensive

Here is our daughter's status post on FB a few days ago: 

AHHHHHH!!! I have  kopi luwak beans! Yes, that's right. Cat pooh coffee. Sarah S is the best roommate ever! :D



Me oh my. Our college-aged daughter, in the midst of an academically-challenging semester, has found some respite, some comfort, some fun, some sense of accomplishment --- not through the dissection of a cat in her pursuit of a Nursing degree --- but through the ingestion of what has passed through the digestive tract of the Toddy Cat .  Ewwwwww. Gross. Yuck. I admit that I'm probably speaking out of ignorance, but still.....Just imagining from whence the beans spewed forth hinders me from enjoying one sip of this super-expensive brew.

She and her partners-in-crime are shown below:




Afterwards, she noted a reaction to the coffee.  This was her e-mail to us:  The allergic reaction I had was just itching, slight redness, and a few small raised welts on my face. But since allergic reactions are always worse the second time, I probably won't have that coffee again....

1 comment:

  1. Sounds painful...I don't know if I want to try the coffee but I know this is the closest Starbucks will ever be to bringing "Kopi Lowak" to the stores. Please join... http://blink.to/xwe

    ReplyDelete