Saturday, November 28, 2009

My Dad

My beloved Dad passed away in the very early morning hours of November 26, 2009.

It was Thanksgiving Day, AND my wedding anniversary, but I choose to remember that day as a day to give thanks for the many blessings bestowed upon me by the Lord.  I loved my Dad, and he loved me; and I am grateful to God for the privilege of being his daughter.

I am grateful for the memories: the most recent being the genuine look of joy, happiness, and relief he expressed as he greeted me when I walked into their home through their kitchen door a few days ago. Of course, I got there by driving his beloved Lexus RX 300 that he so generously lent to me.  That same night, he beckoned me over to his room after an awkward time with Mom, to tell me with all the sincerity he could muster -- "Don't worry about it..don't feel bad."  And, he was  grateful when I said a prayer to God above for him and Mom just before I left the next morning. 

My Dad had his faults (just as the rest of us), but I claim the forgiveness that's available throught the Lord Jesus shown in the Word of God: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowsip one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin (1 John 1:7)

My Dad heard the Good New, the Gospel of Jesus Christ which reconciles us to God through the shedding of His blood on calvary's cross --- a FREE gift to anyone who wants it.  Therefore, God's Word - So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God (Romans 10: 17),  brings me hope and comfort during this very difficult time. 

For by grace are you saved, through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:  Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2: 8,9

Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect?  It is God that justifieth. Romans 8:33

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.  2 Corinthians 12:9