Thursday, September 24, 2009

Creme de la Mer versus Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

For  over a year, I've used a highly-recommended product for my dry skin called Creme de la Mer.  It's available at Neiman Marcus, and elsewhere .  Click here to view its cost  Ouch! , plus their product claims.  Since it's expensive, I cram as much use as I can out of every single one ounce  jar I purchase; attempting to make it last for as long as possible.

I was coming to the end of my latest purchase, when I happen to hear snippets of a product review segment on television conducted by a dermatologist. Based on his recommendation, I decided to break my addiction to the "miracle broth"  and made the switch to Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream.  I got it from Walgreens.  Click here to view its cost Hooray for Cheap Stuff!  Come to think of it, my Mom, who is a Registered Nurse, has used this product for years. 

I've used Cetaphil for the last 4 weeks.  So far, I've maintained the same moisture level on my facial skin as I had while using Creme de la Mer. I haven't broken out, nor had any other adverse reactions. I give two thumbs-up for Cetaphil.



Creme de la Mer $130/oz  ~  Cetaphil $ .88/oz


Creme de la Mer  $ 130 per ounce     Cetaphil   $ .88 per ounce