Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Foster Care: A Meaningful Simple Sign

 

I never thought a simple sign could mean so much.

In the parking lot at work, in addition to handicapped parking spots, we also have ones also reserved for expectant moms. I have passed by these spots day after day for years. I love what they represent and the heart to serve the moms here at Focus on the Family


As my husband and I started our journey of foster care and adoption, this sign started to take on a new meaning. I joked a couple of times that I would love to park there when we became licensed. But in all seriousness, I really wanted to. In a lot of cases, getting licensed to be a foster parent doesn’t come with “showers” or parties. But it is something to be celebrated! So, I reached out to our Human Resources and Facilities teams and asked, “When we get licensed, can I park in one of the spots?” The response was an overwhelming “Yes!”


Today I was able to park in the spot. My car pulled up to the curb, with a sign in front announcing that I am an expectant mom. I cried. Yes, I cried again. I have cried over a twin bed and am now crying over a sign. But I wouldn’t change these tears for anything. I am honored to be stepping into this role, and I pray for the children that will come in into our hearts and home.

This is foster care.

This is love.

Wait No More, Facebook


**


No comments:

Post a Comment