Sunday, May 2, 2021

European Trip: Turkish Rugs (Sales Pitch)


 My one and onlyTurkish rug used to belong to my beloved Parents. They bought it long ago on an overseas trip. I appreciate it and until recently could only imagine how they obtained it.

Now I can say I went through a similar rug sales-pitch that they must have gone through, but unlike them, I was unscathed!  In Turkey, it's pretty much par-for-the-course to be taken to a rug showroom, get served tea, and tempted with many beautiful rugs that are available for sale. I wish I had the money to spare, but I/we said a firm NO.  However, I now have a new goal:  to purchase an even more exquisite, time-consuming and consequently more expensive Silk 😍 rug. It will happen someday, Lord willing.
















We are of the mindset that a rug can make or break a space. If your rug is dirty it can cause your entire space to feel drab. Luckily, one of our writers @campbell_g, has an effective (and free) rug cleaning tip that she learned from her dad. Click the link in our bio to find out what it is! (Image: @lizcalka). - ApartmentTherapy 
"I'm gonna bless the comment section and tell you what the trick is since it isn't in their linktree: you vacuum both sides of the rug a couple of times."

3

am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine:

 he feedeth among the lilies. 

Song of Solomon 6


Signs of an Authentic Persian Rug




**

 


No comments:

Post a Comment