Monday, September 26, 2016

US Presidential Election 2016: Sign of the times?

I am sincerely perplexed.

I walk our dogs 6x a week for approximately a mile in my DuPage county subdivision. On most general election years, I would see at least a hand-ful of signs/banners supporting a particular candidate. As of my daily walk of this morning, I have seen none -- nary a one for either Presidential candidate.
My (possibly flawed) thoughts, pre first presidential debate:

(a) As in her rallies, Hillary Clinton supporters in my neck of the woods are AWOL

(b) Neighbors are afraid of the backlash if a pro Donald Trump sign is put up

(c) Both candidates are as disliked as I've read


(d) It's a matter of timing.  

(e) Gary Johnson may have an even stronger influence than I am able to fathom

The picture below is on a road leading AWAY from my neighborhood. It is solely for the benefit of my Filipino readers who will know how hard-core Pinoys pronounce the candidate's name; and hopefully, get a laugh out of it as we did,  hahaha.